APPLICATIONS FOR PROJECTS AND RESEARCH GRANTS
What will we support?
- Studies to research orchids in their habitat and management practices to protect those orchids and their habitats
- Studies of wild populations of orchids, their biology, distribution, conservation and taxonomy
- Cultivation and propagation of orchids
- Education of the public
- Education of young people in particular in the sciences relevant to orchids
What is not considered for funding?
- Normally the AOF does not fund wages and salaries.
- Course fees
Other restraints and procedures
- Work must be performed in Australia and/or must relate to orchids in Australasia.
- Grants are made subject to the receipt of reports on a six-monthly basis, unless otherwise stipulated.
- Applications are reviewed by the Research Committee who makes recommendations to the Directors. Payments are made after the reports are approved by the Research Committee.
- A grant application form can be downloaded from the website and submitted electronically or in hard copy.
- Further details can be obtained from Helen Richards OAM. Before submitting a final application, you may wish to discuss your proposal with her if you have any queries.
Deadlines for Submissions
- The AOF would prefer to consider applications twice a year, submissions being received by 30th March and 30th September. However, applications may be considered at other times according to their merit.
As a registered charitable organisation funding may not be used for administrative overheads and on-costs.
Download Application Form and mail to:
Mrs Helen Richards OAM
Chairman of Directors
The Australian Orchid Foundation
P.O. Box 440
YARRA GLEN VIC. 3775
Phone +61 3 9730 1995